A few Abstract Heads

Here are a few of my old Abstract Heads. Emma suggested that I put up some work to review, reflect and rejoice in.


From right to left, the last AH I painted, "Paula". I never really realised that the eyes were so far down, nor that her mouth was so wonky, but she was doing an exam at the time. I think the colours reflect her quite well, but I´m not too happy with the blue on the top right of the top painting. It´s a bit glossy compared to the very flat nature of the other colours.

Next up is is "Caroline (Playing the Guitar)" from 2008. A much narrower range of colour, using just blue and yellow, with the green stripe representing her hair falling across her face.

As an experiment I tried to create some AHs of famous artists, including Picasso and Hirst. The idea was to use photos of them at different ages to create the triptych. Only this one worked. Can you figure out who it is?

Finally, "David", who is a photographer, and whose pictures of Barcelona are fabulous, is another experiment, this time trying to add the feel of his work into the lines I abstracted from his face as I sketched him. I wasn´t completely happy with the result, and, as I was in my tissue paper phase, decided to add a few pieces to some areas.